Wednesday 10 January 2018

SLJ-SettingSail

Kia Ora Karani.
We are on our way to a new land from Hawaiiki. We have been on our waka now for 16 days i think. Papa has been helping hoe the waka and our rangatira says that we shoulnt be too far away from the land. It is scary sometimes because the winds are strong and it makes the waves huge. i hope we find somewhre fast because i miss the whenua and running around with my frineds. i miss you karani and hope you come visit us at our new kainga.
Ngarui.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Ngarui,

    I hope you're having a great holiday! My name is Jade F and I am one of the blog commenters from the Summer Learning Journey team!

    I really liked reading your letter to a friend. I thought your details like how you are on your way to a new land from Hawaiki and including a rangatira on the waka as well. I feel like I'm on the waka as well! Are you basing your letter details on Maori stories that you know?

    I also love how you used a lot of Te reo in your letter as well. Are you fluent in Maori?

    Awesome work Ngarui, I looking forward to reading more of your blog posts!

    All the best,
    Jade F :)

    ReplyDelete

Room 13

 In the morning we made jelly in the kitchen me, Kieron and Deeny also with nag rau rito it was fun we were macking sure we had the rite. a...